Due to ongoing repairs to its wells in North Kona, the Department of Water Supply’s mandatory Water Restriction Notice is still in effect. The Water Restriction Notice requires consumers to reduce water consumption by 25%. Listed are some ways to conserve water to reach the 25% goal.
- Stop lawn sprinkling.
- Stop car and boat washing.
- Stop dust control watering.
- Wash only full loads of laundry or dishes at a time.
- Check faucets and pipes for leaks.
- Serve drinking water only when requested.
- Keep a container of drinking water in the refrigerator. Use drinking water wisely.
- Do not let water run unnecessarily. Please shut the water off when you wash or brush your teeth. Use a glass to rinse when brushing your teeth.
- When bathing or showering, use water only to wet and rinse off.
- Do not fill up the bathtub.
- Do not flush toilets unnecessarily.
All agricultural users should keep water usage to a minimum. Irrigate only at night from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. This measure wil l reduce water loss due to evaporation,…